We are actively monitoring the current pandemic. As always, our number one concern remains the health and well being of our participants, staff, families, and friends. In this rapidly changing environment, we do not want to rush to any decisions but are constantly evaluating every possible option. At this time we are still planning to run our summer 2020 trips as scheduled. We are also taking measures to help our community navigate through these difficult times. These measures are outlined in a recent email sent to all families currently enrolled in a summer 2020 trip. (see below) If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me directly at 828-577-8204 or via email at [email protected]
During these uncertain times, I am thinking about you and your families. With a two-year-old and a four-year-old at home, Kim and I have been able to keep things relatively normal. A canceled first T-ball season and the wait to see grandparents have caused a few tears, but we are keeping busy. I can’t imagine the impact this must be having on the busy academic, athletic, and social lives of teenagers and their families. Getting through these difficult times will require strong community efforts and LFFE is fortunate to have such a strong network of participants, families, staff, alumni, and friends. We are constantly monitoring the current COVID-19 pandemic and we remain optimistic that we will be able to run trips as scheduled this summer. Now, more than ever, your kids will be ready for a chance to disconnect in the wilderness. In the meantime, we are busy preparing for every possible scenario.
Working closely with leaders in the fly fishing, summer camp, and wilderness education worlds, as well as reaching out to participant families, we want to be sure we implement all the best possible practices. We continue to monitor WHO and CDC recommendations along with those of our partners at the National Park and Forest Services for guidance. As always, the health and safety of our participants and staff is our number one concern. We continue to plan for a safe and healthy season, but we acknowledge that keeping our participants and their families safe could include the tough decision to cancel some or all of our summer trips.
If you are uncomfortable with your child coming on their selected trip this summer, please let me know. Our official refund policy can be found by selecting the payment/refund tab at lillardflyfishing.com/enrollment. In short, all but 50% of the $500 deposit is refundable if you decide to cancel before May 15th. In the past, despite our official refund policy we have always tried our absolute best to refund 100% of a family's deposit if they cancel with enough time to fill their spot. This year, we have decided to make some temporary adjustments to this policy to help our community navigate the rapidly changing conditions.
The last thing we want is for people to rush to cancel before May 15th only to have conditions improve in time for the trip. For all of our 2020 trips, we are extending that cancelation window and final payment due date until 15 days prior to the trip start.
If we decide to cancel a trip we will try our best to give 30 days notice. In the event that LFFE cancels a trip, we will be in contact with all impacted families. You will be given the choice of rolling the deposit and any payments towards a later 2020 trip, a 2021 trip or a 100% refund.
Unfortunately, we have already had to make some expenditures to keep open the possibility of running trips. We understand that even if we run trips some families may not feel comfortable sending their child. We understand and respect that decision. If we run trips and your family decides to cancel we will try our best to offer a 100% refund. If you are in a position to donate a portion of the deposit to help cover our expenses it will be greatly appreciated. If you decide to cancel please let us know via email and make a note of what you would like us to do with the deposit and any payments you have made.
Please continue to submit forms before the May 15th deadline as usual. We understand that the School Reference and Physical Fitness Reference may be difficult with the current conditions. If your child is a first-time participant and they have not already had these forms completed please give us a call at 828-577-8204 and we can discuss an alternative.
We will continue to monitor the pandemic situation closely, and we will be in touch to explain the measures we are developing to reduce the risk of exposure during our programs. Be assured that we will seek the most up to date information and will make plans consistent with the best interests of our participants, their families, and our dedicated staff. If at any time you have questions or concerns please let me know.